From:
Annie Karpenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Annie Karpenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:33:51 -0400

These responses came in after the other summaries.

Have you changed your diet?  How much sugar, caffeine, red meat, soft drinks
are you consuming?  Get a book on the ph balanced diet.  It does make a
difference.  I had severe osteoporosis and am due for a bone scan again.  My
bones are getting better and I think the diet does help too.  I am not
taking drugs.

This website is helpful for me.  I got the book.     www.betterbones.com

Yes, I take calcium along with the boron, magnesium and vitamin D.  It
helps.  I take the Soloray brand of calcium citrate.

Try adding vitamin k2 menatetrenone ( I use the Carlson brand).
Studies have shown it to be useful for your issues.

I've been on Actonel for 5 years and my teeth are going to hell.  I was on
Miacalcin for several years and that's what I"m going back to.  It's a nasal
spray with little side effects.  My rheumatologist said there was less risk
with Actonel than Fosamax.   He also has me on 1500 mg calcium per day and
400 mg Vit D.   Good luck.