From:
Set Digest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:22:28 -0600

I had several requests for the crepe recipes to be used for manicotti (or
blintzes!):

RECIPE I
Crepes
(makes about 14 crepes)

1 1/2 cups of cornstarch
3/4 cups tapioca flour
2 Tb. sweet rice flour (optional, but if you use it decrease tapioca
flour by that amount)

OR you can use 2 1/4 cups of almost any combination gluten free flour. I
like to include at least 3/4 cup of cornstarch because the crepes are
lighter.

pinch of salt
3 eggs
2 1/2 - 3 cups of milk (enough to make a thin batter)

Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the center. Gradually
beat in the eggs and milk to make a smooth batter.

Spray a 7 inch frying pan or coat w/ oil and heat the pan until it's
hot. Add about 1/4 cup of batter and tip pan to cover the entire bottom.
Cook the crepe for 1-2 minutes or until the bottom is cooked. Turn the
crepe over and cook the other side. Remove from the pan to a plate.
Repeat until all the batter is gone.

Then make your stuffing.  I use Poly-O Ricotta cheese & mozzarella.

Then put in a pan w/ the sauce of your liking and bake as usual.  They
take a little experimentation, because of the difference in pans and
temperature.  Don't give up.  Both my husband and son, who are celiac
love it when I make it.
I've been making lasagna a lot more lately because I can buy some of
those rice noodles at my local health food store.  The kind that you
don't have to bake first.  It is so much faster and they really love it
when I add chopped beef or Hormel Turkey pepperoni to the layers.  It
adds a lot more flavor.  Sometimes I will take a can of carrots and
puree them and mix them into the sauce.  Because they are orange, you
don't notice it.  It makes the sauce more watery, but the rice noodles
absorb so much of the moisture, that it works out well, and then my son
is getting carrots that he normally wouldn't touch!!

And this one:

RECIPE II CREPES

2 eggs
3/4 C milk
1 T oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C cornstarch

In a blender, combine eggs, milk, corn oil, salt and cornstarch; blend 30
seconds or until smooth.
Spray small nonstick skillet with cooking spray.  Heat well over med-high
heat.  Pourn about 2 T batter into center of skillet, rotating quickly to
evenly coat pan.  Cook about 30 seconds until the edges beginto brown and
pull away from pan.  Carefully turn crepe; cook 30 seconds longer.  Slide
out of skillet onto holding dish.  Repeat with remaining batter.  Makes
12 six inch crepes.

I often double or triple the recipe.

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction
that
I had nowhere else to go. My wisdom, and that of all about me,seemed
insufficient for the day,"--Abraham Lincoln

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.