From:
Renee Cronenwalt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 15:38:30 EDT

Kudos from the Celiac Disease Foundation to Danna Korn and her volunteers,
for her extremely well organized Walk/Run for Celiac Disease in La Jolla,
California.

The coastline at La Jolla is one of the prettiest places on earth, from
cliffs that meet the sea to the Sea Lion habitat to the extraordinary flowers
and trees.  All along the path were volunteers giving out water, food and
encouragement.  Thanks to San Diego for allowing this to take place along
this pristine area.

Danna, you are incredible.  We cannot imagine how many hours you put in
orgainzing this, soliciting sponsors and gifts for the wraffle and arranging
to have such a nice display of vendors.

Several of us from CDF, including our Executive Director Elaine Monarch, had
a wonderful time participating and mingling with the nearly 600 people who
showed up.  We didn't count heads but that was the number we kept hearing,
and it looked right, to us.

Thanks also to the Hard Rock Cafe for allowing Danna to use them as the
starting point and providing restrooms for the participants.

This event did a great deal to raise the awareness of the community to Celiac
Disease.  Thank you again, Danna.

Renee Cronenwalt  (Celiac Disease Foundation Board Member)