From:
Aggi-Rose Reddin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aggi-Rose Reddin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:25:47 -0400

Hi all!
My 12 yr old son is not doing so well this week. He was biopsy confirmed in
early February so we're still adjusting. Anyway, he consumed about a half
bag [family size] of Humpty Dumpty All Dressed chips before he realized he
should double check the label. He thought all HD chips would be OK, which
they apparently are not! Thankfully HD at least break down the ingredients
in the seasonings when they list their ingredients, so he immediately knew
he shouldn't have eaten them.

That was last Saturday, but he felt fine until Tuesday, when he returned
home from school in a lot of pain and with his "normal when he's reacting"
flu-like symptoms. He's still feeling quite miserable. Is it unusual for
there to be such a delay between consumption & flare -up?

He's pretty sure he also had a chemical exposure at school on Tuesday [he's
been extremely sensitive for about 4 yrs., since he first became ill]. I
guess I'm also wondering if perhaps he was able to handle the gluten OK,
but in combination with the chemicals it was too much for him.

Opinions appreciated!! I just wish we could get him through a week without
an accidental reaction. Cheers. Aggi-Rose

Work as if you had no need for the money.
Love as if you had never been hurt.
Dance as if nobody was watching you.
Sing as if nobody was hearing you.
Live as if it was Heaven on Earth.