From:
Rich Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rich Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:46:17 -0500

When I make a batch of cupcakes for my daughter to have a cupcake at a
birthday celebration,I decorate one,  then freeze the rest.  This system
worked well until I noticed the other day the cupcakes I had made awhile
back tasted freezer burned.. She is 4 so she doesn't mind nor would she
ever complain.  However, this may not work so well when she is 10.  So I
made a batch the other day and stuck them in the freezer as always and
decided I would vacuum seal them after they were frozen.  Well, I
attempted that tonight.  This is the voice of a discouraged parent.  The
cupcakes, frozen for 3 days, shrunk to the size of an overgrown pea.
Unfortunately, when the air hits them they won't automatically blow up
like a sponge. Do any of you have suggestions on freezing baked goods
for prolonged periods?
I always double, triple wrapped in saran wrap then everything went into
a ziploc freezer bag clearly marked GF, date and kind of baked good.
Any help?  I want to cry.

Karen
Rochester, NY