Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:51:43 -0500

My sincere thanks to each who responded. You are a knowledgeable and
generous group.

My question regarded the results of a salivary adrenal stress test
indicating somewhat elevated Gliadin IgA, even after 5 years of strict
gluten-free diet. I would like to say that fatigue is my only symptom now;
all other symptoms have wonderfully gone. Also, my total IgA is severly
depressed, which is either due to inheritance or a compromised adrenal
system, thus opening me up to more sensitivities. I have also been diagnosed
with anti-nuclear antibodies, which are sometimes called auto-immune
antibodies. No clear diag. there, but possible Sjogrens. Definitely my
adrenals are stress and I'm being treated for that. --- thanks again,
CurtissAnn. Results below.

One person, who like I was not diagnosed until after 50 and has been
radically gf for a number of years, reported having the same problem of
fatigue and high numbers.
Two suggested getting a blood test, a number higher than 20 indicates
non-compliance. Promethius Lab recommended.
One recommended dairy free-- naturalfoodworks.net / one dairy, egg, and
yeast free.  (I have virtually no yeast, dairy only goat yogurt, also limit
the top allergens and nightshades.)
Recommendation for info at
 www.glutensensitivity.net and Dr. Fine's www.enterolab.com
 One daughter had low total serum IgA and elevated IgG which is directly
related (99%specificity to Celiac) but just plain IgA can be in response to
many different things.  So, you're probably doing just fine on the gf
portion...there just may be other things that are still causing an allergic
response.  Our ND has us take Quercetin every day to deal with just
that....we're more suseptible to being allergic to other things and she
thinks Quercetin will help w/ both environmental and food allergic
One person mentioned cross contamination in all grain products. (I do not
eat many grain products, very little bread, etc. )