From:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:55:09 -0400

I recently gave this recipe to someone and don't recall who but I think I may have forgotten to add 2 tsp of xantham gum to the recipe since I do this without thought most of the time. It's a delish cake.
Almond Fudge cake
l 3/4 cups G.F. Flour (I like Sylvan Border)
l l/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup baking cocoa (Hershey's)
l l/2 tsp B/Powder
2 tsp xantham gum
l l/2 tsp b/soda
l/2 tsp salt
4 egg whites
l cup skim milk ( I use 2%)
l/2 cup unsweetened or sweetened applesauce
l tsp almond extract (I use vanilla)
3/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup or a few moreof semisweet miniature choco chips G.F.

Combine and mix very well, the first seven ingredients in a bowl.  Add egg whites, milk,
applesauce, extract and water.Beat till blended well ( will be a thin batter). Pour into either a 9" springform pan or bundt pan which has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with choco chips and bake 325 degrees for 55- 60 minutes. Check with toothpick.
If using the springform pan, place the pan on a sheet pan to bake.
This is wonderful with a raspberry sauce poured around a wedge of the cake on a dish and a little cool whip on top of the cake.
To make the sauce, just puree some frozen raspberries and drain to remove the seeds and sweeten to your desire.
This came from A Taste of Home Magazine.  I have no affiliation with the magazine or any of the ingredients that I use. Nancy