From:
"Robert F. Eyerman, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:57:54 -0500

Dear Listmembers,  I posted yesterday about two new types of Milky Way
bars, one marked "new" and another one marked "lite".  The" new" one
contains wheat flour and malted barley.  The "lite" one contains malt
extract.  I called the Mars company a few minutes ago and talked to a rep.

She said that the Dark Milky Way is gluten free. She agreed that the other
two are not suitable for celiacs. My store apparently does not carry the
dark bar any more.  I'll have to search for them, I guess.  She also gave
me a list of their gluten free candies and ice cream bars:  Snickers Ice
Cream Bars, Dark Milky Way, Starburst, Skittles, M&M's except for the new
crunchy ones, Snickers, Dove, Mars, Three Musketeers.  If anyone wishes to
contact the company their phone number is: 1-800-551-0698.  Karen from
Central NY, USA