From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:02:50 -0500

I spoke with Proctor & Gamble regarding Folgers coffee this morning and
learned that all Folgers coffee is GF including their coffee singles.  I
had them check to see if the bags use any glue in sealing and they told
me that they do not.  They are sealed by heating the polyester bag and
sealing it in that manner.  They assured me that they are all GF.  The
phone number is 800-937-9745.

I also spoke with Perrigo at 800-719.9260.  They make a lot of store
brand over the counter medicines and personal care products -- one I
know for sure is that they make a lot of Equate brand products for
Walmart.  They told me to check the packaging for each item I am
interested in and if their name is listed, to call them with the lot
number and they can look it up on the computer and see immediately if it
is GF or not.  They said that they keep records based on the lot number
for each item and that way if they happen to change the formula or
supplier for an ingredient, they would immediately know whether it was
GF or not.  Hope this info helps.

Barbara