From:
Nino & Anita <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 17:54:24 +0800

Dear Listmembers,
                               Once again your help and information has
been wonderful. I received 7 responses to my question on whether Nigari
used in Tofu making is GF. The answer is YES it is as it is only
magnesium chloride derived from natural sea water used to coagulate the
soy product. One reply mentioned to make sure it was refined nigari so
as to make sure it has no other unwanted substances from the sea water.
A couple of people were wondering if tofu was gluten free and my answer
is yes as long as you always check the label in case of other
flavourings that might be added that are not gluten free.
So in conclusion feel free to enjoy the variety and benefits of eating
Tofu!
                      Regards  Anita.