From:
renee euler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
renee euler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:43:28 -0500

Original Post:
Has anyone ever eaten here sucessfully? I am going to call them but was
wondering if anyone had already attempted it. We are invited to a birthday
brunch. We are from the Chicago-area and have never been there.

I received one response:
I have eaten at the Peerless Mill twice within the last 6 months, and I
received good assistance from the server (and the chef, I guess) in
selecting items that would work for me.  I feel quite sure that if the food
on the brunch menu doesn't suit your diet the staff would help you find
something suitable.

My experience:
We were there for a birthday celebration. Since it was the Sunday brunch,
and a buffet only - no menu to order from - we called ahead and they helped
us determine what was gf. The gf items included:
- scrambled eggs (made from real eggs and milk with salt, pepper and lemon
juice added),
- baked chicken (baked with butter, herbs and some parmesan cheese),
- ribs (baked in worschtershire sauce and hot sauce with barbecue sauce -
she read the ingredients of the bbq sauce off to us and all sounded safe),
- potatoes (diced and cooked with oil and ranch dressing mix - again, she
listed off the ingredients and all sounded safe)

They also had a *salad bar* - more like iceberg lettuce with some containers
of croutons and cheese to put on top and a couple of dressings. I had a
*salad* with the italian dressing and shredded cheese on it.

There was also fresh fruit - pineapple, melon, grapes - nice since I
couldn't (understandably) eat the birthday cake or any of the pastries. They
had other offerings too, that were obviously not gf, like waffles, french
toast sticks, cereal, granola, pastries, beef tips and noodles, biscuits and
gravy. There was also bacon and sausage patties. I did eat the bacon even
though we hadn't specifically checked on it.

I will say that I had a fairly quick gluten-contamination response to
something - not sure what - could have been any number of things, including
that it was a buffet and people will use the wrong utensils to pick
something up, etc...

As for dining and ordering from the menu, I had no experience there. Hope
this info can help someone else in the future.

Renee