From:
Elizabeth Margareta Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 15:39:17 -0400

Dear Listserve Folks,
You've all been so supportive of me as I've worried about my family and
the effect of celiac disease on them - well, here's a more cheerful post.

Read Ian Fleming's Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang with your elementary school
child.  Make fudge.  There is a recipe in the back of the book, but I
cheated and used an easier one from the Pennsylvania Dutch Cookbook
series, Candies, Beverages, and Snacks

         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

Read Barbara Park's Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake.  Make
'Yucky Blucky Breakfast Cake That Tastes Good'  Use any light-colored
muffin recipe (not one with carob flour or molasses, and if you use white
flour, this is the time for it), preferably a fairly sweet one.  I used
Bette Hagman's muffin mix recipe in More From the Gluten Free Gourmet
BUT for six small muffins, I added in a quarter cup of dried pineapple.
A little over one Tb, one child mixed with red food coloring.  The same
amount, the other child mixed with green.  I left the pineapple natural
for the yellow, but it got lost so I think next time I'd go ahead and
supplement that color with food coloring too.  Mix in the fruit carefully
- use the food coloring sparingly so that you get red, green, and yellow
spots, not a muffin with brown blobs.  Lots of fun.

Hope these suggestions get some of you parents of young ones through the
summer doldrums.

Elizabeth