From:
Lady Ariel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:56:56 -0500

Hi all, I am seeking information regarding migraines.  I had a baby 8
months ago and while I was pregnant I experienced my very first aura
with no headache.  Well not long after she was born I started
experiencing auras with headache and I have to tell you these headaches
are absolutely the worst headaches in the world.  I've had to go into
the doctor for IV medications a couple of times and am now taking
pamelor as a preventative and cafergot as an abortive.

I've only been on the pamelor for a week and have had a migraine every
day since starting it.

At any rate, my doctor mentioned that allergies could be a cause and
specifically mentioned wheat allergy (I do realize wheat allergy is
different than celiac disease...but don't believe there is a wheat
allergy list).  He also mentioned avoiding aged cheeses and wine.

I could go on, but to make a long story short I am willing to do just
about anything short of cutting off my head to get rid of these awful
headaches.  I have been forcing myself to function well enough to take
care of my baby, but it's been anything but easy.  Before becoming
pregnant, I had been running and was in what I would call pretty good
health.  Now, it seems I struggle to get out of bed in the morning and
I'm lucky if I can get myself out for a 1 mile walk.

Please if you have any information regarding wheat and migraines I would
really appreciate it.

It seems cutting out wheat at this stage may be overkill as I have no
idea what causes my migraines and so far nothing seems to help them much
except the cafergot sometimes aborts them.  I so want to get back into
running, and I would be happy to cut my migraines down to even just 1 a
week instead of this every day stuff.

Thanks again for any advice.