From:
P Blackman/ R Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:59:22 -0500

Hello all,

I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to get this into a summary.  My
thanks to everyone who responded - I received 36 letters in all.
Several people wrote about DH and how to distinguish it from hives
and rashes.  Two helpful websites  are:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/980301ap/pruessn.html

and

<http://www.gluten.net/>www.gluten.net   (gluten intolerance group).

Several reported that they or their family member had hives or hives
and rashes for years before they developed any gastro symptoms.  Of
these, 4 people saw their hives disappear when they went GF.  Four
more, not the same ones, reported that they get hives on gluten
ingestion or in 2 cases, skin contact. One wrote that her hives were
not resolved by a GF diet.

This appears to be a linked condition in some celiacs, according to
your experiences.  Thanks so much for all the feedback - I really
value the time and attention that people put into helping each other
here.  I have learned so much from this group.

Phoebe