From:
The Sheffers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:27:39 +0200

Dear listmates,

Thank you all for your wonderful assistance, I got an overwhelming
response with 15 replies and here are my findings:

The general agreement is that Fruity Pebbles are GF according to
the ingredients, BUT there is a danger of cross contamination.

Some excerpts follow,

Thanks to all

Eyal from Israel

_______________________________________

Post fruity and cocoa pebbles ARE gluten free and very
good.

They are GF, but good luck finding them ;-)

I am under the impression that they are gluten free but
noticed someone posted awhile back that the lines may be
contaminated. I have eaten them for years with no
noticeable side affects.  I mix one box of fruity pebbles
with one box of cocoa pebbles and one bag of rice puffs.

Makes a colorful cereal that needs no further sweetening

I have a box of fruity pebbles right here it has
marshmellows as an ingredient and says modified food
starch. But I am new at all this I would assume its not
ok. If you find out it is please post to the list I am so
sick of bland cereals. It is a Kraft product on the last
list I received from them this cereal is not on their
list.

Although the ingredients are gf, I believe Post's stand
is that cross-contamination is possible. However, my gf
girls eat Coco and Fruity Pebbles without a problem.

I can only say that each year before Pesach, our
Sephardic friends get a list of products that they can
eat but that Ashkenazim cannot (rice or corn products).

Corn Pops and Fruity pebbles are on this list so there
should be no gluten in them (unless by cross-
contamination)

The last I knew when I last called on this product was
that the ingredients were OK but they use flour on their
conveyor belts. Good Luck to you!

I'm pretty sure they're gluten free, I never had a gluten
type reaction to them. However, about 3 hours after
eating them I'd get a major hypoglycemic reaction.

I called the company and I was told that it is GF at this
moment.  It could change in the next month.

Our research shows them as GF -- including successful
ingestion by my ultra-sensitive daughter who throws up
violently if she ingests just one wheat cracker crumb.

When I called the company, they told me that they could
not guarantee that the cereal is gluten-free, even though
the ingredient list looks clear. Other cereals containing
gluten grains are made in the same facility and
there is chance of cross-contamination.

They now coat their rollers with wheat so are no longer
gf.  We use Malt-O-Meals Dynobites which look & taste
just like the fruity & cocoa pebbles but are okay.