From:
Lisa Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:10:51 -0500

Thank you to all who wrote me.  I had approximately 10 responses.  The
general conclusion was that it has helped many people, adults and
children,= with chronic asthma problems.  Lots of folks were able to
kick their steriod inhalers completely.  The conclusion was that the 4,
5 and 10 mg. tablets are gluten free.

Someone suggested I check with www.stokesrx.com.

One woman has had numerous bad experiences with Merck and said she
personally boycotts merck because they have been reluctant to guarentee
the gf status of any of their products.

Another said to watch for flu-like symptoms and to carefully read about
potential side effects.

One very kind and informative man who works for Merck (I believe) gave
this helpful response:  "All Singulair strengths are GF.  The starch
listed as an ingredient is corn starch and pregelatinous starch.  The
type of gluten present in the pregelatinized starch and corn starch in
Merck products is not gliadin gluten.  All alcohols purchased for
manufacture of Merck products are synthetically derived.

As suppliers for our inactive ingredients may occasionally change, you
may wish to re-check periodically with the Merck National Service Center
for an update."

Thanks to all for their help.  I meet with my PA on Monday and I'm dying
for some relief in this terrible allergy season here in Iowa.

Take care,

Lisa

The address and phone numbers for Merck are:

One Merck Drive
Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889
1-800-672-6372
908-243-1000Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com