From:
Herman Green <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herman Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:42:34 -0600

I didn't get any information on acorn starch yet.

As for almond flour, you learn something new everyday.  Wow, I think I am going to try this, alittle at a time, as it is quite spendy.

One said she did not have grains at all in her diet, so nut flours were what she used.  She mail orders it in 5 lb quantities. She mentioned that it is high in calories, so moderate yourself.

Pecans and chesnut were also used as flour.

 Mail order is the only way mentioned to purchase other than buying whole almonds and food processing them.

Learn amount to use-can't just use cup for cup for wheat, although some mentioned they used it cp for cp for gf.  One said one cp for  two cps Hagman's gf.  Hagman's new bread book uses it.

One ground sunflower seeds as well as nuts, all for higher nutritional value.

One mentioned a past recipe post on listserv on 12/07/01 by J and C White for almond bread.  They added fruits and nuts as well.

The web is also full of almond flour recipes.

One said that cornstarch can by used alone, even as cake flour and all purpose flour.  Xanthum gum is not needed.

I personnally do not like the texture that xanthum gum leaves.  I have stopped using it.

MANY SAID TO WATCH OUT FOR SUGAR SUBSTITUTES!

Keep the communication going, you guys are a great group of friends.

Kristine, and God Bless