From:
Amy Burkhart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Burkhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:34:00 -0800

I have no affiliation with this restaurant I simply want to get the word out so they can expand to their other San Francisco Bay area/North Bay locations. The more people who try it, the better the chances of this happening. Enjoy!!!

EXCITING NEWS FOR NORTH BAY CELIACS!

Mary’s Pizza Shack is launching a gluten-free pizza
at all three of its Santa Rosa locations
beginning Friday, November 14th!

Downtown – 615 Fourth Street, 571-1959
East – 535 Summerfield Road, 538 1888
West – 3084 Marlow Road, 573-1110
www.maryspizzashack.com

 Check out the ad that will run in the Press Democrat this Friday!

 Mary’s is offering a 12-inch pizza topped with homemade pizza sauce and cheese for $17.75.  They are offering four topping options: mushrooms, olives, salami and pepperoni, which are $1.05 each.

 A special thanks to our favorite local chef, Guy Giordanengo ("Gluten-Free Guy"), for facilitating the connection between Mary's Pizza Shack and Still Riding Pizza, which supplies the crusts!

 We'll be announcing a date for our first North Bay Celiacs pizza party soon!

If the pizza is a success, Mary's may expand it to its other locations. So enjoy...often! Bring your friends and family...

Buon Appetito,
Jennifer
www.northbayceliacs.org

   Here are the details on how Mary’s will work to prevent cross-contamination:

    -Each location will have separate color-coded tools and utensils for the gluten-free pizza: cooking screens, cutter, paddle and ladle.

    -The toppings for the GF pizzas will be kept as a separate "kit" in the walk–in refrigerator. Gluten-free pizzas will be made only from these, and not the regular "line".  As a result, Mary's will need to limit the toppings options. (Mary’s other toppings have no gluten ingredients, with the exception of the meatballs, but may have a dusting of flour on them, so they aren’t included in the GF pizza.)

    -The assembly of the gluten-free pizzas will be done away from the floured areas where the regular pizzas are made.

    - The crusts will be provided by Still Riding Pizza (http://www.stillridingpizza.com). Still Riding Pizza also provides special stickers to mark "to go" pizza boxes, plus brochures, window signs and table tents. Liz Silverman, the owner of Still Riding Pizza, flew out here from Connecticut last week to assist with training Mary's staff at each location.

    Founded in 1959 by Mary Fazio, Mary’s Pizza Shack now has 18 locations in Northern California and is famous for its homemade Italian food, fun atmosphere, and reasonable prices.  Currently owned and operated by the third generation of Mary Fazio’s family, Mary’s Pizza Shack still offers the same homemade meatballs, pasta sauces, pizzas, soups and salad dressings that Mary made famous. From the original “Shack” in Boyes Hot Springs, Mary’s Pizza Shack has now grown to include locations in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, Solano, Contra Costa, Shasta and Placer counties.  For more information and a complete list of locations, please visit maryspizzashack.com.
 {0}

	* Junk
	* Not junk
	* Print