From:
Margaret Maccgregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:30:18 EST

Hi

Soy cheeses are marketed as dairy free, but most contain casein.  I
don't know if you need to avoid all dairy derivatives, or just lactose.
Most don't taste too good, but I understand there is one by the brand
name of Tofutti that doesn't taste too bad.  I've never tried it, since
DD also reacts to soy.

As for ice cream, look for a product called "Rice Dream".  DD loves the
strawberry flavor.  Some of them do contain dairy, though, so you'll
still need to read the labels.

Margaret
San Jose