From:
Troy and Amy Budreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:55:04 -0600

I recently sent a note to Kellogg's because the home page of their web
site says "Serving a Nation's Health" and so I just asked if this was
true why they couldn't make their cereals (i.e. Rice Krispies, Corn
Flakes) without barley again.  I know there has been a post about these
2 cereals containing very little of "barley water wash" and that if you
aren't overly sensitive you probably are OK to eat them, but still how
do we know how much is too much in the end for us!--Anyway this is what
I received back from Kellogg's today----

Amy

The cereals we produce use do a barley wash and our cereals contain
minute amounts that are found acceptable by the celiac society,

Kind Regards

Marie

Is this true about the celiac society???  If so, are these 2 cereals in
particular OK for us or do we need to first work on the Celiac society
before we even think about working on the companies and the labeling?

Just wanted your opinions!

Amy