Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 17:47:42 -0400

I have many questions at the bottom if anyone is willing to help.  Thank
you all who responded to my initial question regarding my 13-year-old
daughter's inconclusive biopsy and also conflicting blood results (first
positive, then negative without changing diet). This is all new to me!
Most of you felt she was truly Celiac and I was directed to Dr. Fassano
in Maryland and also Dr. Fine in Texas.  I sent her reports to Dr.
Fassano via email and he was fabulous about giving me his opinion (free
of charge).  He strongly feels she is a celiac although he could not
offer an explanation of why her blood tests would be negative without
changing her diet.  I also researched Dr. Fine and her stool should be
in Texas as I write this!  In the meantime she had bloodwork done again
and two of the bloodtests were weakly positive.  We are in the process
of  changing her diet.  I am having an extremely hard time researching
what is OK, and what isn't.  I'm very frustrated, not to mention having
a teen who isn't thrilled about the food options (she's also a
vegetarian) I'm looking for info regarding the safety of the following
food items:
1.  Deli cheese (white american, provolone, etc.)
2.  Cream Cheese (Philadelphia brand, regular, whipped, soft)
3.  Margarine & Butter (Parkay, stick, soft, etc.)
4   Oil (to use in deep fryer or in baking etc.....how about Crisco
shortening and PAM spray?).
5.  Pancake Syrup (looking for a name brand  easy to find...how about
Cracker Barrels?)
6.  Kraft Marshmallow Creme
7.  Salad Dressing (Kraft, Wishbone, especially Italian dressing)
8.  Reddi Wip Whipped Cream
9.  Orbit gum
10.  Bread (is there ANYTHING similar to normal bread? Is it best to
bake or buy? I've ordered Bette Hagman's book, plus registered my
daughter and I at a Conference in Philadelphia in August in which she
will be a speaker along with Dr. Fassano)

I've read so much conflicting stuff that I'm not sure what to do/think.
 Don't want her to eat Doritos and tootsie rolls the rest of her life!!
 THANK YOU TO ANYONE WILLING TO HELP!