From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 10:47:25 -0500

Hi Everyone,
I have samples here from Montina.  I have their baking blend and their
baking supplement.  Right now I am following the recipe on the Pure Baking
Supplement for chocolate chip cookies.   What a disaster.   Fortunately I
am testing with just a few cookies at a time.  The recipe says to bake 10
min. until brown on ungreased sheet, and leave room to grow and flow.
Well, they flowed alright and stuck tight to the pan.   And very porous
looking.    Almost needed a putty knife to scrape them off the pain, and it
was a teflon type cookie sheet.

Next I lightly greased and floured the pan.   They still stuck.   The third
try is on parchment paper.  I just took these out of the oven and they look
a little bit better, but paper thin.  You can just about see through them
if you hold them up to the light.

Has anyone had any luck using this recipe? I am putting the batter away
until I get some answers.

 I had planned to also do the ginger cookies on the box. Now I wonder if I
should.    I am trying to get these ready to present to our support group
tomorrow night.

And I haven't even begun to try the bread recipe.   I took a poster's
advice and got the recipe from the website at Montina.com.   Since I never
bake bread, I am scared to death how this will turn out.   All help
appreciated.

Thanks,
Bev
Mansfield, OH