From:
David Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:38:54 -0500

Hi All!

I wonder what you all think of the term modified when it comes to many
products like yogurt, potatoe chips and tons of other foods.  I see modified
corn starch on a lot of ingredient list and wonder....How do they modify it?
I find I get slck on this one and wonder if I am wrong, or if I am to what
degree.  My celiac friend won't touch a product that has a modified "safe"
starch.  I am not into fod sciences and thought more celiacs would like to
be set straight on this one especially since many times this is the only
thing holding us back on giving a product the old thumbs up!

I will summarize and post.  Thanks in advance.

Shar in Waterdown, Ontario Canada