From:
Joe Cannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Cannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:01:11 -0500

Hi Listmates...I am doing better with making the GF bread
since I ditched the cheap breadmaker and I'm now baking
it in the oven. I'm still using the Bob's Red Mill Wonderful
Bread Mix. The bread is pretty good but I'm still having a
couple of problems I hope some of you can enlighten me
as to what I'm doing wrong. I make sure that everything
is at room temperature. The milk I heat to 110 degrees
and I make sure it gets no warmer than that. Once I mix
it all up with the table top mixer I put it into the 9 x 5
bread pan and smooth it out and cover it with foil and let
it rise for 25 to 30 minutes. All of this is per the instructions
on the bread mix package. After it rises I bake on 475 degrees
for 10 minutes uncovered and then cover it with aluminum
foil that is oiled to keep it from sticking to the bread for the
rest of the baking process. Total baking time is 60 - 65 minutes.
Again this is what the instructions say to do. The problem is that
1) The crust of the bread is too brown...almost burnt in places.
2) The bread rises fine but once I take it out of the oven it
starts collapsing immedietly. I've tried taking it out of the pan
first thing and letting cool on a wire rack and I've tried letting
it cool in the bread pan but either way it starts to collapse as soon
as it is removed from the oven.

Other than those two problems the bread is great. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe