From:
Brigitte T Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:08:25 -0500

Many thanks to you all for responding to my query,  re: gluten-free bagels.
I received close to 30 in all!

Most of you recommended The Gluten Free Pantry in Glastonbury, CT as the
best place to order a ready-made bagel mix. Here's the address for placing
a written order:

                The Gluten Free Pantry
                P.O. Box 840
                Glastonbury, CT
                06033 U.S.A.

Or you can call toll-free: 1-800-291-8386 or e-mail:

Within Canada, KINNIKINNICK Foods based in Edmonton also has a bagel mix,
and you can reach them at:  www.sas.ab.ca/kinnikinnick

Almost everybody recommended Bette Hagman's latest book: "The Gluten-Free
Gourmet Cooks Fast & Healthy", for a virtually no-fail bagel recipe. This
was great, because I didn't realize she had a new book out! I've since gone
ahead and ordered it.

Thanks also to Pam who went to the trouble of typing up the recipe, and to
you other kind souls who volunteered simmilar help. I'll let you know how
my first batch turn out.

Finally, several people asked me about GF pizza crusts! I've had great
success with the "Quick And Easy"  thin-crust recipe in Bette Hagman's
original book ("The Gluten-Free Gourmet"). Tastes just like I remember! I'm
not a big fan of thick-crust so I've never tried those recipes.

Once again, many thanks to you all!
Brigitte