From:
Christine Heckle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christine Heckle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:40:17 -0500

Anyone have any updates to this info from the archives in 2004?

Thanks,
Chris

****

Date:         Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:18:13 -0500
Sender:       Celiac/Coeliac Wheat/Gluten-Free List
From:         Rich Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Summary- Splash Lagoon

<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>> The following information was sent to me in regards to
eating at restaurants in Erie while visitin Splash Lagoon.
Additionally, someone who visited there recently looked up restaurant
information and included phone numbers so calling ahead is easy! This
List is AWESOME- thank you to everyone who took the time to send this
information. I have forwarded the info to my friend and she is excited
about the trip. Now if the weather would cooperate so that traveling in
the northeast of this country wouldn't be so treacherous. The Golden
Wok, if you like Chinese. Porters Restaurant, Bertrand's, Arnone's, and
papermoon (Thai food). Our local group has gone out & eaten at all
these fine establishments, except papermoon (an individual celiac
recommendation, & one of the chef's grandma is a member of the celiac
group, so he made a point of learning the diet. The individual
recommendation came from a dermatologist whose wife has DH. Our group
just hasn't had a chance to get together there. There's a Wegman's down
toward Erie about 1.5 miles, on the same side of the street with OODLES
of gluten free stuff, and Whole Foods Co-op at 26th and Brown Ave. as a
health food store. Has a great selection. They may be a little tricky
to find, as they are not right on W. 26th st., but in the back of the
building. If you want Italian, call Arnones & let them know you're
coming, & pick up your pasta at Whole Foods, and then sashay on down to
Arnones. Just ate there yesterday. Rachels is another good place to go,
if you want good steaks. There's a Wendy's on Rte. 19 further in
towards Erie, about 1/2 mile north of Wegmans for the kids. I know for
sure that Bill Miller down at Porter's appreciates a call the day
before, but his chefs are trained for all sorts of allergies: chicken,
latex, MSG, etc. He regaled us with stories the night we dined
together. Really came across as a guy who liked people. Bertrand of
Bertrand's Restaurant, down on Perry Square, close to the lake, is
French, and adapted the cuisine quite well. Our problem was (with about
20 people) that the meal dragged on all night, but that really wasn't
bad, it was unexpected. It's Greek to ME- 814-452-4683 Cafe 38(says all
meals from scratch)-814 452 0453 Waterfront place-814 459-0606
Pufferbelle- 814-454-1557 ElCanelo-(mex) 814 835-2290 Damon's grill(can
get as roomservice at Splash)- 814-866-RIBBS Applebee's also provides
room service to Splash

*******
*******