From:
Kathy Hubbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Hubbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:46:16 -0400

Wow!   That was a fast response!  This list is the best. Here is the
link:

http://gluten.net/downloads/print/Hospital%20Stays%20Made%20Safe.pdf

Thank you to all who had that link so fast. There were also several
other suggestions, like copying a diet card (I keep a Triumph card in
my wallet but was so focused on the printout I didn't think of it),
and speaking to the staff, which I already had. As house supervisor I
do have enforcement on my side. The problem was educating the other
supervisors, the nurses, and the resident himself. The "patients" are
allowed to order take-out, and they go out for family visits.  This
leads to blood sugars of 500 and other interesting events. Our
dietician is excellent, but if the guy asks for Graham crackers as a
bedtime snack the aides won't think twice about giving them to him.
Fast and complete education is important.

I'll print that out today. Thank you all for your help.

Kathy

*******
*******