From:
Linda Solomon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Solomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:57:15 -0600

I wanted other families, who are considering a Jewish sleep away camp for next summer, to know about the fabulous experience that my two celiac children have had at Emma Kaufmann Camp (EKC) in Morgantown West Virginia.  For 15 years EKC has accommodated campers and staff with Celiac Disease.  There is a separate area designated for gluten free food storage, prep and cooking. A special staff person is assigned to this area and they really get to know the gluten free campers well. They make sure that they are safely served the correct foods. The gluten free meals match the rest of the camp meals, and my kids say that their non-gluten free friends often want their gluten free foods over the regular version instead.  They say it is delicious!  EKC works hard to successfully provide a variety of canteen and gluten free desserts as well.  This is the fourth summer that my children have attended EKC while being gluten free. They love this camp and I am so thrilled that they can have this amazing experience, safely and without sacrifice.  Feel free to contact their web site, www.emmakaufmanncamp.com
By the way, they also accommodate children with diabetes.
Best,
Linda
Sent from my iPad