Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:23:48 +0000

Dear Listmates -
What a great group! We apparently have several
listmates in the Seattle area.

Summary - Places listmates suggested I eat at while
in Seattle - have gluten-free items, helpful if I explain the diet:

Wheatless in Seattle (also called Kaili's Kitchen)
Cedars - and Indian restaurant upstairs from Kaili's
Sand Point Grill (in the University District)
Sterling Cafe (in the Univesrity District) - uses fresh,
   organic ingredients
Cafe Flora (participates in the Celiac Restaurant Awareness
    program)
Wild Ginger (pricey, though) - I think this is Thai food
World Wrapps - fast-food, has a special-order bowl with rice,
   black beans & avocado & some other items
Flying Apron - bakery with GF items
Outback Steakhouse - I have the GF menu and have eaten at two
   Outback Steakhouses here in Illinois (the Queensland salad,
   I think it is called, with the chicken)
PF Changs
Red Robin for hamburger or cheeseburger without the bun, and
the french fries are GF.  I don't eat beef - but might try the
fries.

and, finally, the Moragote Thai restaurant in Renton, south of Seattle.
I had emails from 8 different listmates suggesting the Moragote Thai.
Except for the oyster sauce, deep-fried items, and packets of
soy sauce (for take out), 80% of the menu is GF including rice-only noodles, GF
soy sauce, and GF fish sauce. They have black rice with coconut
milk for dessert, too.

One listmate suggested calling the Gluten Intolerance Group
in Seattle (GIG local chapter and provided contact information.

Thank you one and all!  Between all the great places listed above,
and the fact we are renting a one-bedroom garden apartment with
a full kitchen - and can cook fresh fish in the kitchen - we
will certainly have a delicious time!

Vicki in Homewood, IL