Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:01:44 -0500

I have to think that some of the reaction to Olestra has been
reactionary, to say the least.  I went ahead and tried some and had no
reactions whatsoever.  I also have several close friends who have tried
the chips (Pringles and others) with absolutely no side effects.  While
it's true that some people can and have had problems with this product,
it's not fair to make a blanket statement that no one should be eating
it.  That's like saying just because some of us have reactions to
gluten, corn, eggs and milk that no one should eat those things.  Ever.

I think what it comes down to is this: if it gives you any kind of a
reaction, don't eat it.  If it doesn't, then lucky you.

Ken in KC