From:
Diana J Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 23:28:34 -0500

I was diagnosed about a year ago after losing about 90 lbs. I was very sick
and in the hospital three times within one month and had my gall bladder
removed. I went off the diet and than went back on the diet after finding
out that you can't eat any wheat even if you have no symptoms. I now have
gained about 25 lbs within the last month. I don't think I eat alot. I do
have water retention every day on my legs which none of the doctors have
told me what that is from. I have had the water retention for about a year.
I also get blisters on my scalp and tiny water blisters on my hands. The
internalist I saw said it was a allergic reaction but I'm not eating any
wheat products that I know of. Can people with Celiac get other alleries as
well? How do you find out what you be allergic to? I was tested for thyroid
and diabetise and the internalist said those came out normal. He also did a
panel which also came out normal they said. However, I never saw the report
and from past experience I have found that I went in one week and my blood
was fine and the next week I went to a gastro. and he put me in the
hospital. So I'm going to get my lab results and check them out. Is there
any thing I should check for to be elevated or low. I know My liver
functions are always elevated slightly. Any advice would be greatly
appreciated especially since we don't have a gastro. doctor within 2 hours
of our town. My doctors don't know that much about Celiac I found.

Thanks,
Diana at [log in to unmask]