From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:50:23 -0500

I can't believe that our Shop-Rite in Marlton, NJ already has their Passover display set up, but the good news is they had the new Yehuda Gluten-free Matzo-Style Squares.

1. It tastes really good. (My non-gf husband said it would be great with dips.)
2. It's only about $5.50 a box for a 10.5 ounce box.
3. It's kosher for Passover.
4. It's gluten-free.

The only drawback....if you're an observant Jew, is it cannot be used as a substitute for matzah during the seder....However, my thinking is, it's better than nothing.  Last year, I tried the Shmura oat matzah from Israel, which is about $30 a box and tastes awful. While the shmura matzah can be used for the seder, I'm skipping it this year.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to make matzah brei (matzah in fried egg), to see how it holds up. Then I'll decide if I should buy more boxes.

Lin