From:
"Theriault, Kim" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Theriault, Kim
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:19:44 -0500

Dear List,

I thought I would share you some of the results of your suggestions on my former post. The information has been very helpful and I thought that knowing how it had helped me might be useful to others.

First, as many recomended, I have been taking a high dose of probiotic and l-glutamine for the leaky gut. This has made a marked difference in a few of weeks.

I am back to eating smaller meals so as not to tax my digestion and am avoiding all processed foods and anything I am even MILDLY allergic to (too many to list, but I had been eating beef, which is low on my list, which I have cut out again). As you know, I am allergic to milk so I don't eat dairy, but this was advised.

I am also taking Chromium for the blood sugar and although rice is the only carbohydrate I can eat, I have given it up and it seems to have helped the blood sugar.

In addition, I am avoiding white vinegar, canola oil, and salt except sea salt and kosher since the presence of gluten contents are debatable (remember too, we all have different tolerance of amounts of gluten--some of us react to a trace--and avoiding these works for me even though these might not be an issue for you).

This, along with some natural supplements that my doctor has given to address stress (like Omega-3, some B vitamins, and some herbs that help repair brain connectors because anxiety and depression would also sometimes occur because of the uneven blood sugar), the improvement has been marked.

Although the clearheadedness does fluctuate somewhat, it is less and less throughout the day and does not pitch or fall due to digestive stress. Of course, the blood sugar is more balanced too.

I think it also helped during this time of getting acclimated to this new eating and supplement schedule, that I removed some obligations from my life, took a break from the gym, and started going to bed very early. I treated it like I had the flu and two weeks of this has really helped.

I am also scheduled to see a nutritionist and naturopath (even though my MD does similar treatments) as many of you also suggested.

Because things are settled, it is MUCH easier to detect any kind of sugar, gluten, or food allergy reaction.

I hope that some of this is helpful to some of you--particularly those of you who are struggling as I have been.

Kim