From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:15:06 -0700

Hi all,

I called Uncle Ben's today in hopes that their new Mini Bowls for Kids
with rice were gluten free.  Unfortunately they are NOT.  I read all of
the ingredients on the Cheeseburger bowl and the only suspicious
ingredient is the modified food starch in the cheese sauce.  Sometimes I
wonder if it is just easier for these manufacturer's to say that
something is NOT Gluten Free that to check out the sources of their
ingredients!  Sooooo.. Frustrating!

Anyway, I went to their web site at www.unclebens.com and sent them a
comment in the Contact Us section and suggested that they might consider
having gluten free rice bowls since their other rice is gluten free.
Maybe if enough of us send them the suggestion they might consider it.
It seems like such a simple thing for them to do.

Beth
El Dorado Hills, CA