From:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:55:54 -0500

hello all.  I recently had a conversation with a woman I don't know very
well, who said she had celiac, that left me very confused.  She told me that
her endoscopy was normal, because she had already gone gf before the
procedure.  But she was told by her doctor, after the endoscopy, that she
could have a blood test for sprue, and it would be accurate even though she
was gf.  The way she described it to me was "sprue is an allergy, and so you
don't need to eat gluten to get the blood test.  You can test for it
anytime."  She could not tell me the name of the test.

I thought Sprue was just another name for celiac disease (as in "celiac-
sprue").  Is it a different condition?  Is there a different test for it?

thanks for whatever info you can give me, Lynn