Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 10:06:57 -0600

        I recieved many responses to my question about chest pain.  I found it
interesting that many people experience upper GI symptoms such as achiness
in the chest and stomach before the onset of diarrhea.

        A couple people described having chest pain and shortness of
breath after ingesting gluten contaminated food.

        A few people suggested that it could be acid reflux or heartburn.  I had
heartburn and indigestion throughout the third trimester of my pregnancy and
it doesn't feel anything like that so in my opinion it is not heartburn or
indigestion.

        The general conclusion was that most people (who responded) experienced
some chest and stomach achiness after ingesting gluten contaminated foods.

        Thanks for all your responses,

        Tandi