From:
Geri Werthner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 16:42:24 -0800

i have had chronic insomnia since i was a child. i don't think i've ever
slept for more than a few of hours consecutively except when hospitalized
and heavily drugged.  so a friend told me about the stuff her homeopath
suggested to her.  it's called calms, by hylands.  supposed to be a non
addictive sleep aid

i went to my local health food store to check it out today.  as is my
habit, i automatically looked for the price tag and then the ingredients.
the ingredients were described as latin-like gobbledygook (or at least
that's what it looked like to me) from some plant.  two of the plants in
question were oats (!) and hops (!).

i tried to explain my situation to the person in the store.  she said "of
course there's no gluten in it.  it's homeopathic"  which of course is
nonsense, since organic wheat still has gluten even tho it has no
pesticides.

so we discussed it some more, and she said "it comes from the stalk of the
plant, not the seed head so it can't have any gluten in it".  hm, well that
still sounds like new age malarky to me, but i don't know enough about
plant chemistry to decide whether or not this is actually a possibility.

so i left the stuff in the store.  i am going to get the address for the
manufacturer from my friend and see what they say before any of it goes
into my body.

any opinions?

geri werthner
vancouver, bc, canada
--
                                       o88
  oooooooo8  ooooooooo8    oo oooooo  oooo  [log in to unmask]