From:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:45:12 -0800

Hi group,

I have a diabetic friend, a young mom, who started the gluten free diet in the past 6 months.  Her body lets her know when she gets gluten, so she doesn't even do communion bread.  She is very careful with carbs due to her diabetes and doesn't do GF substitutes other than a few rice crackers and no sugar.  Mainly she eats salad, eggs, chicken, veggies, etc.

Recently her dr put her on Omega 3 fish oils to help with her carpal tunnel and he cut her thyroid meds but she felt so bad he put it back up after 6 weeks.

She is normally a slim person but has gained 10 lbs in a little over a month.  It's mainly in the tummy like a distended abdomen with accompanying soreness that a trip to the bathroom relieves.

The weight gain could be better absorption of food, but any ideas on why a distended abdomen now?  Has anyone else had this experience?  Could this be some detox reaction? Any other comments for her situation?

Thanks all in advance.  You guys are great.  I will summarize.

Mrs. Olive Kaiser
www.TheGlutenSyndrome.net
also named
www.GlutenSensitivity.net
and
www.GlutenReactivity.net
630-628-9126
630-628-9127 fax and voice line
630-808-2079 (cell)
Disclaimer --- I am a volunteer and not a medical expert, but I can
share with you information that I have found helpful. Please contact
a well informed medical professional for medical advice regarding your situation.
Please verify the gluten free status of products often for your own protection.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16