From:
Carol Guchek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Guchek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:30:43 -0400

After my posting about where to buy gluten free bialys, I received the
following responses from Joan's Great Bakes. I had expressed my dismay with
having them discontinued from my local health food store. This is what they
said:

"Hello -

We know the shipping is costly.

You could order more than 1 case or package, the shipping costs get spread
out over the product lessening the cost per package.

Our distributor is still carrying the bialys by special order.  Perhaps, you
could ask your store to bring in a case for you?

You'd still need to buy 6 packages - but perhaps they won't charge you a
delivery charge.

"Let me start by explaining the process.

We are the manufacturer.  Individual stores generally stock their shelves by
going through distributors.  These distributors purchase products from many
different manufacturers - so that the individual store can have a 1 stop
place to shop.

Our distributor still 'special orders' our bialys from time to time.  He can
have them in his inventory.  If your store is willing to make a special
order through their distributor - it's my guess, that they could still be
available to you.  The only differences that you will see are that 1) you'll
need to buy by the case, 2) the bialys are bulk packed, not packaged for
retail."

If your store owner is unwilling to make the order, then maybe find one who
will??

Hope that helps.

I'll have to check with my local store to see if they're willing to special
order.

Other than Joan's, I still have not found any other place that sells gluten
free bialys, only recipes for making them.

Thanks to Joan's for responding and to all of you who have shown an
interest.

Carol in NJ