From:
Dawn Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:13:57 EST

Hi Gang,

I went out this weekend and bought a Wilton cake decorating set.  Upon
getting home I emailed the company to see which of their products were
gluten-free.  Here's the response I got:

Thank you for visiting our website! In response to your email regarding
Wilton food products being gluten free, the following is a list of those
items:

All paste, liquid colors
All Cake Tops! Edible Cake Decorations
All flavors (vanilla, butter, almond)
White-white
Dry icing mix
Meringue powder (cornstarch)
Color flow
Canned Decorator Icing
Piping gel
Gum Tex
Glucose
Glycerin
Four flavor candy set
All candy melts
Colored sugars
All sprinkles

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.

Thank you!

Me again.  I had asked them in my email for all products that were gluten
free, meaning no wheat, no oats, no barley and no rye.  Their website listed
the Meringue Powder as gluten free and gave a little description of what the
modified food starch was from (corn).  Hope someone else enjoys this news!

Sincerely,
Dawn
Los Angeles