From:
Sally Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:03:38 -0500

Well, you all came through as usual. Thanks to all 55 of you who
responded to my question about purchased breads. Three people
said they just go without any breads and one said that the only
good ones are homemade. The rest is tallied below but if you
don't want to read through the list, the biggest vote getters
were Kinnikinick's Italian white bread and Food for Life's Rice
Almond bread. Each of these got 7 votes.

By company:  Kinnikinick (21 mentions). Food for Life (17),
Ener-G (14), Cybros (10), Glutino & Gillians (4 each), Foods by
George & Deland Bakery (2 each). The others were mentioned by one
person each.

Jax Lowell reported taste testing for Mr. Ritts some crusty rolls
and baquettes that are "unbelievably good" which are "crunchy
outside, soft and yeasty inside." Doesn't that make you salivate
just to think about it? Let's all urge Mr. Ritts to get them into
production and available to those of us outside of Philadelphia!
Pat Little sent the results of a survey she did on this same
topic (I'm not sure when she did this) and the results are
definitely different. The results Pat got showed Food for Life
far and away the big winner. Kinnikinick was hardly mentioned.
Interesting...

So here's the specifics of what you had to say. And thanks again
to everyone. I'm going bread shopping now.

Cybros           likes all their products 1
                 Mock rye 3
                 Raisin Rice 1
                 Rice breads & rolls 4
                 Tapioca Almond 1
Deland Bakery    Millet 2
Dr. Schar        likes all their products 1
Ener-G           Brown Rice 1
                 English muffins 1
                 Harvest White 1
                 High Fiber 1
                 Papa's Loaf 1
                 Raisin 1
                 Sourdough Baguettes 1
                 Tapioca 5
                 White Rice 2
Food for Life    likes all their products 2
                 Brown Rice 2
                 Pecan Raisin 1
                 Rice Almond 7
                 Rice Pecan 4
                 White Rice 2
Foods by George  likes all their breads 1
                 English muffins 1
Gifts of Nature  Almond Rice 1
Gillians         French Rolls 3
                 Tomato Herb rolls 1
Glutino          likes all their products 1
                 Corn bread 2
                 Fiber corn 1
                 White Rice 1
Kinnikinick      likes all their products 3
                 Burger buns 2
                 English muffins 1
                 French Baguettes 1
                 Crusty Round rolls 1