Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 16:11:37 EDT

What an excellent experience Disneyland in Anaheim, CA was. Next time I think
we will stay there the whole week because it was so stress free and yummy. We
ate McDonald fries from a stand, hamburgers and fries and bbq chicken salad
at Hungry Bear in Critter Land, g.f. spaghetti with sauce(white rice strands)
at Red Rocket Pizza Port, popcorn from a stand, and yummy Cotton Candy from a
stand. Chef Chris met us personally, which is not the norm,  and was so very
helpful. All of the food was great. I would, however, recommend ordering the
spaghetti ahead of time as it took quite a while to prepare it for us. Definitely
want to speak with the knowledgeable manager at the restaurants.  They were
very helpful and made me feel very safe in eating there. One server was new at
Red Rocket and not familiar with gf food, until she asked the manager, then
all was taken care of.  Also, we were told not to eat the salad dressing at
Hungry Bear, but it was in separate packets and the Italian looked gf to me, so
use your own judgement on that. There is a list of info for the California
Adventure Park, too, but we didn't go there, so you will need to call for it.I
highly recommend Disneyland as a great place for Celiacs to go!  Laurie

The following is summarized information about Disneyland from the head chef,
Chris:
Information no.  714.781.3569
Chef Chris  714.781.4650
Important:  Ask busboy for manager of restaurant for book which has
ingredients in it. Even if they are busy, they will do it.  Just ask.
-All Hot Dogs in entire resort are gluten free (make sure use clean utensil
to grab it.)
-4 fresh fruit carts throughout the park
-cotton candy is gf
-popcorn is gf
-Don't go to Downtown Disney-it is not owned or operated by Disney-so not
Celiac aware
-Disneyland Hotel-keeps gf buns, pastas, pancake mix, Van's waffles in stock.
-Goofy's Kitchen is used to Celiacs and is a good place to eat gluten free.

List of each land's restaurants and their gf foods available follows:
Tomorrowland
Red Rocket Pizza Port-ask for Chef or Manager.
· Chicken Caesar Salad-no dressing, but use Red Rasberry Vinagrette instead.
· Rice noodles are available.  Use Tomato Basil or Marinara Sauce.
Club Buzz Lightyear-use bus boy to get manager to get ff cooked in dedicated
fryer.
· Grilled Chicken
· hamburgers
· french fries

Fantasyland
Village House
· Hamburger
· Fruit Plate
· Hot Dog
· French Fries

Frontierland
Rancho Del Loco
2 Restaurants:
Mexican-tell them we're Celiac-they know about it
       o Chicken taco
       o rice
       o beans
BBQ Food-
       o BBQ Chicken
       o Vanilla Ice Cream

McDonald's Fries Stand

Stage Door-use bus person to make sure ff are okay
· hot dog
· hamburger
· french fries

Adventureland
Bangle Barbecue-
· Beef Skewers-no sauce, no marination
· Bacon wrapped asparagus skewer
· veggie skewer

New Orleans Square
Nothing is safe, but across from the haunted house is Harbor Galley, which
has a McDonald's Fries stand

Critter Land
Hungry Bear-
· Hamburger
· FF
· BBQ chicken salad-no dressing

I received this tip from the listserv prior to going on our trip, but we
didn't go there:
Grand Californian Hotel, Storyteller's Cafe in Anaheim.  The chef that we
gave had there is great.  His name is Aaron Flores and his email is
[log in to unmask]  I highly recommend this place as he is very sensitive to our
needs.