From:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:32:53 -0600

The next meeting of Alamo Celiac, GIGŪ in Austin is scheduled for January 20th at 7 p.m.  The meeting will be held at Faith Lutheran Church, 6600 Woodrow Ave.  All members of this list are invited to attend.

This will be our annual gluten-free pot luck dinner.  We have been hosting the pot luck as our summer meeting.  If you remember the first year, it was a picnic complete with bees and 100 plus temperatures.  The next year we moved indoors.  When we began meeting at Faith, we were excited by the possibilities that having a kitchen next to the meeting room would provide for our pot luck.  But the church hosts so many summer programs, that access to the gym and kitchen in the summer months is limited.

In order to enjoy the kitchen, we have decided to change up our meeting schedule.  We will now host the pot luck as our January meeting and we will do a regular meeting in July.

I hope you can join us.  This is a dinner so we need entrees, side dishes, appetizers and desserts.  Be creative.  We also need everyone to bring a listing of all the ingredients in your dish.  Many of us avoid more than just gluten.  If the recipe is either original or has been changed at least 3 times, please bring the recipe.  We can publish these recipes in the recipe exchange section of our monthly newsletter.

Alamo Celiac, GIG is a support group for celiacs in Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and the surrounding areas.

If you have any questions, please contact Francie Kelley at [log in to unmask] or (512) 301-2224.  For more information about Alamo Celiac please visit our Web site www.alamoceliac.org.  We hope to see you at the meeting.

Francie Kelley
Austin Chair
Alamo Celiac, GIG
www.alamoceliac.org