From:
"M. O'Grady" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
M. O'Grady
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:18:04 -0500

I saw the recent summary on lasagne noodles, and how some of them tear. There is a
very easy way to prevent tearing: use raw noodles. A friend gave me this tip 20 years
ago, and I've found it works just as well GF as it with gluten noodles.

1. prepare your lasagne either the night before or the morning you intend to serve it

2. Make your sauce just a bit more liquid than usual (water works fine, maybe a quarter
cup)

3. layer the raw lasagne noodles in the pan just as you would have done with cooked
ones, starting with a generous amount of sauce on the bottom of the pan, then alternating
layers of noodles, cheese and sauce. I use a frosting spreader to coat each noodle with
the ricotta before setting it in the pan - quick and easy to do.

4. don't skimp on the sauce!

5. cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 10 to 24 hours, as needed

6. remove plastic wrap and bake as usual

Making the lasagne this way prevents so much frustration! I used to end up with a pan
full of soggy, ripped noodles that were useless (and burnt fingers!), now we get a good
result every time.

Just as an FYI, we always use Tinkyada noodles for lasagne.

Maureen