From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:46:53 -0600

I have just received an advance copy of SPECIAL DIET CELEBRATIONS by
Carol Fenster, Ph.D.  I want to share some information about this new
good resource with you.

Carol is author of Wheat Free Menus and Recipes and Special Diet
Solutions. Brand new recipes (288 pages) from Savory Palate, Inc., or
any bookstore (also on-line at amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com and
Readersndex.com/specialdiet) organized into menus appropriate for
celebrations such as birthday, anniversary, teas, buffets, bridal
showers, dinner parties, pasta party, pizza party, weddings, and many
more special occasions. So easy to choose recipes! All recipes use rice,
potato starch/flour, tapioca, bean or jowar gluten-free flours, with
nutritional evaluations. Extensive appendices offer guidelines for
baking with substitutes for wheat, dairy, eggs, and refined sugar, if
needed.  It is easy to order directly from Carol at Savory Palate
(800/741-5418) at $18.95 per copy plus $3 shipping, or any other book
store. Available now in February, I believe.
Our Houston chapter medical advisor Dr. Crowe reviewed the new cook-book
and said it was "well-written, informative, appealing and unique." I
myself also reviewed an early draft and concur with Dr. Crowe. Carol
Fenster=92s recipes are always first class and tasty. I will welcome
having this new cookbook to add more variety to my meal planning.

Carol=92s first two cookbooks are mentioned at
http://www.kitchenlink.com/chframe/rightsds.html. Check out her recipe
for pizza from one of the cookbooks.

I don't have any personal interest in this cookbook or company, except
to love tasting the gluten-free dishes!  Likewise, do enjoy!

Janet in Houston
Celiacs Helping Celiacs