From:
John Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 15:27:33 -0600

While shopping for rice noodles at the Asian food market this morning, I saw
an item I had never noticed before: ground dried water chestnuts (imported
from Hong Kong).  Can anyone tell me if this product is useful to Celiacs?
 Although I've been cooking Asian food for more than 10 years, I've never
seen a recipe calling for it.  Unfortunately, the proprietor's English is
only a little better than my Korean (well, I do know the Korean word for
"hello"), so I wasn't able to find out how it is used.  Judging by the size
of the package, a little must go a long way (US $1.40 buys 8 ounces [225
grams] in a box about the size of those little detergent packages sold in
laundromat vending machines).

John Shaw <[log in to unmask]> Milwaukee Wisconsin USA