From:
Susan Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:38:37 -0400

I had Dr. Fine's gene test done and got the results back via email which stated that I had the main gene that predisposes you to Celiac Disease.  When I told my ENT about this, he said that he thought that you had to have two genes in order to develop CD.  Anyway, my question is, of the people on the list who were tested, how many were told they had two genes or one gene?  The email that I got said nothing about needing two genes to develop CD, but I have read about needing two genes in a couple of other places in the past.  Can anyone out there explain this?  Also, why did he need a questionnaire filled out about symptoms in order to test DNA?  It made me feel a bit like I was giving the answer to the question before the test was done.  Thanks in advance and I will summarize.
Susan