From:
Janice Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:52:06 -0500

Dear Listmembers
Here is a summary of the broadcast that I told you all about earlier this
week.  I apologize for not listing the specific information such as what
station broadcast it.  It was UPN 50.

Many of the responses that I recieved were from people who were not in the
viewing area and requested copies of the show if I had taped it.
 Unfortunately I did not... However I do have the phone number to the
Station.  If you wish to try to obtain a copy of the broadcast Please email
me privately and I will try to get more information from the station.

313-965-8117 is the telephone number to UPN50 for those interested

"I watched the blurb on UPN50.   It was AWESOME!!!  Mickey Redmond, Red Wing
Broadcaster, has Celiac Disease !!!    I was so excited after watching it,
thinking, WOW, people will actually know about it now!  All we need is a
celebrity spokesperson like Mickey Redmond, to promote public awareness.  I
am thrilled.  They are adding an additional segment on Thursday after the
Red Wing game.  Don't want to miss that one. This segment will be about how
he shops and lives on road trips with CD.  They will also be talking to
others with the disorder.  I just can't believe how wonderful this is.

Thanks for the tip to watch UPN50.

Chris in Ontario"

I happen to agree with Chris, I personally do not have CD.  However my
grandmother does.  And it was a big help just knowing that it can affect
anybody.  And maybe now that someone well know has stated that they have it
the public will become more aware of the problem.

Janice in Detroit