From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:12:41 -0700

I'm not going to belabor the Lawry's point much more, but I'm  hearing from
quite a few that have gotten sick from using Lawry's.  One person
specifically mentioned that they had trouble with the lighter pink colored
version of Lawry's.  (Keep in mind, there is no difference in the labeling
of these products.)  A couple people suggested I mix my own & put it into
the Lawry's bottle & just add a new label.  I used to do that, but it was
not worth the trouble.  I can sprinkle on turmeric, paprika & salt just as
easily!  Anyway, my old stand by motto continues to serve me well:  WHEN IN
DOUBT THROW IT OUT!!!

Below are a couple of interesting responses.

Valerie in Tacoma
------------------------
In regard to your posting, I just wanted to let you know when I contacted
the company to see if they were GF they told me no, that they could not say
w/o a doubt that they were.  Since then I have quit using it myself so you
are not alone in this.
I have used Lawry's seasoned salt, but I really prefer salting myself and
using Cavender's - in nearly EVERYTHING - including scrambled eggs/omelets,
vegetables, meats, soups, etc. It is an All Purpose Greek Seasoning - and it
is GF. it is made in Harrison, AR by a private family company, so it won't
change it's ingredients. I called them right after I got dx'd and was so
scared it wouldn't be safe, but they assured me it had no gluten. I would
sure know because I use it all the time. It's super, and I have found it at
our grocery stores (Kroger/Brookshires) and also Wal-Mart Super Centers.
Good luck.  Jan/Arkansas