From:
Susan Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:41:40 -0600

I received several messages concerning my question on if ReadyCat 2 barium
is GF.  Have found out that ReadyCat 2 is not GF!  It has wheat flour in
it.

  One person told me that Gastro-view is made by Mallinckrodt 1-888-744-141=
4 is GF.  Also was told that EZ PAQUE is GF.

  Another suggestion is to contact Stokes Pharmacy 1-800-754-5222 to have
them prepare a GF barium solution. The radiologist will have to specify
the strength and thickness of the barium.

  Many others have had to have the CT scan done with contrast (no barium).

  If you know in advance you will have to have to use barium, start trying
to get a gluten free one. Believe me as you all know, people will not have
any idea of what celiac sprue and and gluten is!

Susan